Citrix Receiver for iPhone Installation
Posted on 07 June 2010
I guess the title of the post is a bit incorrect. I’m not here to tell you all the hows/whys of installing the Citrix Receiver backend or iPhone app. However I’m will tell you how I fixed my two vexing errors. The below is done on Citrix Presentation Server 4.5. I am not using the gateway product. Users access the Citrix web interface by going to https://citrix.mydomain.com . Nothing fancy.
I created the PNAgent site as described here (watch the video). I installed the Citrix iPhone Receiver app and attempted to access my site. I got an error “unable to load app list” . Eventually I got that fixed and then was able to load my app list. However any time I attempted to launch an app I’d get the black screen with “Please” wait and then eventually I’d get kicked back to my app list. No errors on the Citrix Server side.
I found lots of post telling you to change your gateway configuration or change the secure access settings similar to what you need to do to get the web interfaced working when the Citrix server is behind a NAT firewall. Well my PNAgent didn’t have the option to set the gateway access settings. Now what? Well the solution to both problems are listed below.
- ERROR: Unable to Load App List
- Check the Server Farm Settings: Citrix AMC > Citrix Resources > Configuration Tools > Web Interface > PNAgent Site (whatever this is called).
- Right Click PNAgent Website > Manage Server Farms > Select Farm > Verify XML Service Port is 80 and Transport type is http. If mine was set to https or ssl relay I got the error.
The second, more vexing error was not being able to launch the apps once I got the list to load. If your Citrix Web access is working (and your not using the secure gateway product and are behind a NAT firewall) the solution is pretty easy. If you’re trying to get your web access to work check here. Anyway here is the solution.
- ERROR: Clicking on an app takes your to a black screen that says “Please Wait”. Eventually the app never opens and you are kicked back to the app list.
- Navigate to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\AccessPlatform\conf and copy the WebInterface.conf file to your desktop. Rename it so you know it’s from the Access Platform site.
- Navigate to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\PNAgent\conf directory and copy the WebInterface.conf file to your desktop
- You should now have the two webinterface.conf files. Open both using a text editior. You will need to copy 2 lines from the accessplateform webinterface file over to the PNAgent web interface file and then save it back to the PNAgent conf directory.
- Look for the lines “ClientAddressMap=192.168.x.x/255.255.255.0,Normal,*,Alternate” in the acessplatform file and copy that to the PNAgent File. Note the IP listed may be different and is the internal subnet your Citrix server is on.
- Look for “ServerAddressMap=192.168.x.x:1494,10.10.10.10:1494″ and copy it from the accessplatform file to the pnagent file and over write the existing setting.
- Save the changes to the webinterface.conf file for the PNAgent site. Make a copy of the original and then over write the one in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\PNAgent\conf . That’s it. It should work now.